The EUROWA network is available to assist European authorities during emergency situations. Qualified experts from the EUROWA network organisations can join together to form a EUROWA Module, consisting of a team of experts and a stockpile of equipment that can be mobilised 24/7 to complement the capability or capacity of a local wildlife response. EUROWA experts will act as a Tier 3 international team, that provides tailored support to local first response teams (Tier 1) and national experts (Tier 2).
EUROWA experts can assist with:
- Management aspects of the wildlife response
- Integration of the wildlife response into the larger response
- All aspects of collection and treatment of oil affected animals
- Education and coaching of local responders
- Support in dealing with media and communications.
An internal Standard Operating Procedure describes procedures for joining and operating as a EUROWA team. An external Standard Operating Procedure provides guidance for authorities as to how to mobilise and support the EUROWA network.